Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thanks

What am i thankful for? There is so many things that i could probably not think of all of them. Sometimes we take what we are thankful for for granted, and when reading "The Book of Negroes" it really made me think about how much I should be thankful for the life I live. We are all so lucky to live in world we have today with no slavery, no judgement, and have to go through what Aminata went through. I am thankful for my education, to live such a great life, to be loved, music, I am even thankful to have a clean shower in the morning and a pretty much unlimited amount of food. Most of all I am thankful for my family and to have so many of them on both sides, which is filled with so much love. Yet at times we all may hate each other and may just want to pull one another's hair out but you know at the end of the day we are family. We love each other unconditionally, we are always there when you have a bad day even if you don't want to talk to anybody but we will sit there with you silently. I love that my family and along with my extended family can go on a family vacation to Mexico, stay in a house together and just have a blast. I am thankful that I am able to go on and get a post- secondary education. I am thankful for the little things, like books, music and candy. There is so much more! I am thankful for everything, just to be living in such an exciting time.

No comments:

Post a Comment